AZ, CA, NV, OR & WA:
All other areas:
Fresno, CA 93709-0569
Located east of the Fresno Yosemite International Airport
Wholesale Hardware Only
*** No sales to the general public ***
2520 N Argyle Ave
Fresno, CA 93727-1399
36° 46.37 N | 119° 41.63 W
Located off Del Paso Blvd
Just north of Business 80 at the Marconi Exit
Wholesale Hardware Only
*** No sales to the general public ***
2601 Land Ave
Sacramento, CA 95815-2383
38° 36.927 N | 121° 26.118 W
We've been in business for over 70 years! Would you like to work for us? We are currently looking for:
Customer Service & Purchasing Manager
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Are you an experienced customer service and purchasing manager looking for a new career?
Organize, develop and direct customer service/purchasing department in accordance with company policies, procedures and mission statement – “To be the most convenient place for our customers to do business”. Coordinate and manage purchasing efforts from procurement to promotion, vendor research to vendor relations. Foster a positive, motivating work environment.
- Participate in Business Management meetings to establish goals and objectives.
- Conduct weekly department meetings.
- Project a favorable image and attitude and promote the company’s objectives. Foster and enhance acceptance of all of the company’s undertakings.
- Clearly communicate company directives with all employees.
- Ensure workplace safety and security requirements are met.
- Leading vendor management.
- Relationship development, negotiations, early identification of products under development, strategic alignment, etc.
- Communicating to senior CMC management on vendor negotiations and vendor updates
- Staffing: Maintain staffing levels necessary to accomplish company goals.
- Employee Development: Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee orientation, coaching and development to new and existing employees.
- Provide candid feedback about effective and ineffective behavior daily and conduct periodic performance reviews.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Work closely with team to help them manage their projects and achieve their goals.
- Purchasing Management
- Product addition and deletion – Research, manage and move new products through the creation and promotion process. Vigilantly discontinue products that do not sell.
- Procurement - Track and manage all procurement to buy in the most efficient, cost effective way from the best source.
- Inventory Management - Review purchasing reports and purchasing metrics to align our inventory with company goals of service levels, turns, total inventory, etc. Develop an understanding of Eclipse system parameters in order to manipulate them to achieve company goals.
- Customer Service
- Standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers and communicate to staff.
- Track and improve failed calls, order entry errors, call efficiency, bid turnaround, phone etiquette, etc.
- Help Customer Service & Sales team with quotes, returns, customer relations, etc.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS degree and/or two to five years of Customer Service and Purchasing experience preferred.
- Minimum two years Management/Leadership experience.
- Knowledge vendor negotiation, pricing, and customer service management.
- Ability to be a coach, mentor, advisor and leader.
- Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of organization, to our customers and vendors.
- Experienced problem solver.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Exceptional mathematical and analytical skills.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time exempt position. Hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 6:00 pm. This position regularly requires long hours and changes in start and end times may occur based on business needs.
Limited travel may occur, based on department business and company needs.
No phone calls or recruiters. Send resume here with subject: "Customer Service & Purchasing Manager".
This is a career opportunity with a great company. As a company, we work hard, but we have fun working together. We are looking for energetic, motivated individuals who will meet our high standards. The Charles McMurray Co. is a premier, fast-growing, high-service wholesale hardware distributor serving California, Nevada and Southern Oregon since 1946.
We offer a terrific environment, challenging work with opportunity for advancement to include a full-time union position. We have a dynamic team of employees who are empowered to make decisions that best serve our customers. Each employee plays a role in our ability to increase efficiency, profitability and be the most convenient place for our customers to do business.
We are looking for a bright, positive individual with a stellar work ethic to add to our team. We need someone who is hard-working, reliable, organized and has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Individuals must have excellent human relations and communication skills; a team spirit; and be self-disciplined.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory control activities
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to company standards
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear and use proper safety equipment
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred, but not required
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Inventory counts, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Ability to lift heavy objects
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- Regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 70 lbs.
- Ability to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- Flexible to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 7AM to 7PM.
- Ability to work 29 hours per week
- $13.00 / hour
No phone calls or recruiters. Send resume here with subject: "Part-Time Warehouseperson".